Thursday, June 18, 2009

Zan's editor Faezeh Hashemi

Because of the current situation in Iran, it may be interesting to learn more about some potentially key figures. Here is an old interview with Faezeb Hashemi, former Parliament member, former editor of Zan (Woman) and daughter of Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani.

Meeting Faezeh
The rise and fall of a talented woman

By Massoume Price
October 5, 2000
The Iranian

The first time I met Faezeh Hashemi was in December 1998, a day after my arrival in Tehran after 15 years of absence. We had never met but corresponded, exchanged gifts and knew about each other's private life. After the first Muslim Women's Olympics in Tehran in 1993, she sent me a copy of her book with a memo. Later on, being sarcastic, I sent her a see-through chiffon blouse and to my amazement I received word that she loved it. I still wonder where she might wear a blouse like that?

http://www.iranian.com/Features/2000/October/Faezeh/index.html

No comments: